Polio by Ralph Lauren

Ralph Lauren in leather pants

Merchant prince Ralph Lauren here helpfully teaches us three lessons: 1) Black and brown tend to clash, 2) Men of a certain age ought to avoid leather trousers, 3) Texas-sized belt buckles do not belong on a Lichtenstein-sized man.

10 Responses to “Polio by Ralph Lauren”

1. pickles June 7, 2006 at 12:48 pm #

Sad, he always used to look hot in his ads….

2. mywhimsey June 7, 2006 at 2:14 pm #

I’m definately going to have to steal that line about “Texas-sized belt buckles do not belong on a Lichtenstein-sized man.” – very clever and just thing to say to combat those rodeo size buckels on the faux-cowboys.

3. Rob D. June 7, 2006 at 4:27 pm #

Funny how black tends to take a greenish hue under artificial lights.

4. Lady Prisspott June 7, 2006 at 7:29 pm #

I couldn’t see any of these other flaws for the glare of that horrendous comb-over! How did that go unnoticed? He looks like he’s slowly turning into Mel Torme.

5. enygma June 8, 2006 at 11:09 am #

My biggest concern is that he seems to have tucked his sweater into his pants.

6. laughingboy June 9, 2006 at 10:39 am #

I’d never noticed before how much he looks like Ken Lay from Enron. Might Ralphie rustle up a new exciting line of prison attire in celebration of his long lost twin?

7. PB June 12, 2006 at 7:48 pm #

Oh geeze, I just happened upon the blog for the first time and twice in one sitting I find myself chuckling at the commentary: “Texas-sized belt buckles do not belong on a Lichtenstein-sized man.” For some reason, I put that sentence into the voice of Johnathan Hillerman (aka “Higgins” from Magnum P.I.)

8. Marsh Gabin March 3, 2007 at 6:02 pm #

Wow, that man is a “fashion” designer. The first thing I notice is the ginourmous belt, the second thing is his skinny torso. Bad. Very bad.

9. tom May 20, 2007 at 8:17 pm #

I think he looks great. Half-witted self-styled style gurus should not dissemble such influential people. While some style may be questionable, If you look at the over all influence of ralph lauren, your concerns about his outfit are inconsequential. Additionally I find all of your style quibbles to be tiresome. You obviously picked them up from some style magazine’s dos and don’ts section for the clothing retarded. It’s not what you do, it’s how you do it. I suggest you stick with picking out tops with your half-retarded, fat girl friends.
    Sincerely,
    A guy who finds you blog tiresome